Fake Fungus

IMG_0359

 Remember the terrarium I made? Well, one of my favorite parts of having one has been switching out the decorative items inside, and I'm always on the hunt for miniature animal figurines.

I decided to make some cute mushrooms to change things up, and I arranged them in a cluster to mimic how they grow in real life. You can paint these however you'd like, and make them as large or small as your terrarium will allow.

IMG_0298 PicMonkey CollagePicMonkey Collage_2

1. Mold your clay to desired stalk size/shape (the 'stipe' if you want to get nerdy).
2. Mold your mushroom cap to desired size/shape.
3. Attach the cap to the stalk and meld the clay together at the base where they join.
4. Poke a piece of wire through the bottom of the stalk (you will use this to stick in the dirt).
5. Bake according to packaging.
6. Once cooled, paint however you'd like.

IMG_0376

IMG_0373

A new mini-terrarium I made in a thrifted jar!
IMG_2860

Pin It!

24 comments:

Rachelle said...

that is so cool and so pretty.

xo
http://pinksole.com

two birds said...

SO cute! I love this idea. I need more terrariums in my life.

Babes in Thriftland said...

Love this! You are so damn creative.

Katie said...

that is SOOO cool! I want some little mushrooms! :)
forlaurenandlauren.blogspot.com

Daily Jenn said...

So cute!!! You are so crafty and creative. Have a lovely weekend :)

Kelsey Wilburn said...

this is adorable!

kw ladies in navy

Laura said...

Lol, so cute! As a kid I found these little clay mushrooms my sister must have made. They had pipe cleaners in them instead of the wire. I put them on our Christmas tree that year and that made them official Christmas decorations ever since.

Rachel said...

This is so cute- you have the best DIYS every week!

Hems for Her, a.k.a. Katie said...

Can I tell you that I am always amazed at the things you make. Seriously, I would have assumed you just bought the mushrooms. Not that you handmade them. I guess that shows how lazy and uncreative I am!

Beth Kondrick said...

Aww, they are so cute! They really stand out against your greenery!

Ginny.mossman@doane.edu said...

So cute! I used to sculpt with Fimo dough growing up, I'd make beads, animals, etc. it was so much fun. I love how you used this clay to make these cute mushrooms.
Ginny

Sharon said...

This is too cute! I wish I was as crafty and creative as you!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
PayPal Giveaway!

Nnenna said...

Oh, this is so cute- you did just a good job!

Sara Strauss said...

So cute! Mushrooms always remind me of Alice in Wonderland! lol
~Sara

Julia said...

How cute... :)

Julia @ www.livingoninspiration.com

LGreaves said...

Ahahaha! I love it! Such a cute little fungus ;)

Trendy Teal

Rosely Carrasco said...

They look so cute.

Kim A. said...

Megan, that is so cute! I love the little mushrooms. You have an awesome weekend my friend.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Maiken M said...

well, that's just perfect, dear Megan. my favourite posts from you are definitely the DIY ones and I still believe that one day I can open your blog and actually try something! let's hope, hehe.

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

MAHL Twirl said...

This is adorable and sooo easy to do!
xoxo
Birdy
www.thetwirlteam.blogspot.com

Jeans and a Teacup said...

This is super cute! You have the best DIY's!
~Jessica

Corinne C said...

You and your cute DIY posts! This shrooms are lovely =)


Hope you are having a fab weekend!


Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

MerelyMarie said...

Cute! Reminds me of Super Mario Bros.

tia_cherie said...

You always impress me


tia-cherie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! They really do brighten up my day :)